Saturday, March 3, 2018

3-to-Inspire Saturday with New Designer Melanie Blackburn

Hello friends! I am so excited and thrilled to be joining the CTK DT!! I hope you will enjoy seeing my projects every month! Today I am bringing to you my very first 3 To Inspire challenge! I can’t wait to see all of your creations! This month I'm working with the Citrus Twist Lemon Drop Pocket Life and Embellishment kits.


Your prompts for this week’s challenge are:
  1. Create a grid design
  2. One picture
  3. Pattern paper as anchor to the picture


I just love how this TN spread came together! I started with the right side of the spread, I always start with the design that surrounds and anchors the picture, once this is done I can move on to the rest of the spread. I loved the black and white pattern paper that was included in my PL kit and thought the “paper girl” diecut from the same kit was just too adorable and had to be used. A good portion of this page is dedicated to pattern paper, therefore I knew that I wanted to keep a lighter design for the opposite page. 


On the left side I decided to create a grid design, mostly with the diecuts but also with the puffy stickers from the same kit and the Crate Paper stickers from the embellishment kit. For me creating a grid design is all about trial and error, I will move things around until I am satisfied with the design. I always keep the heavy embellishments for the middle as well as the journaling. As I work outwards the items become smaller in scale. Once I’m happy with the design I’m ready to finish the journaling and adhere all of the items. 


Hope you are inspired to create a TN spread or even a layout based on these design prompts! Make sure to share your projects with us in the gallery or our Facebook group! 

Happy creating!

1 comment: