Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sunday Sketch

Hey everyone, Bea Valint here with you today sharing a new layout based on the weekly sketch. I was so excited when I found out that I was assigned to use a sketch this week, it always inspires me and makes the process so fun.  


I started this layout choosing this photo because I love it so much. The colors of my daughter’s dress fit perfectly the papers from the kit. When I saw the recent sketch I knew this would be a perfect way to incorporate it. I was working with the Crate Paper –Carousel-Fairgrounds and Crate Paper-Carousel-Summertime papers. Due to the format of the photo, I wanted to create a vertical layout. To do this I rotated the sketch with 90%.


I placed my photo to the left bottom, and started to embellish my page. For adding my title I mixed and matched die cut pieces and chipboard letters. I couldn’t resist to add the cute deer to the right bottom of the page.


I arranged the pretty Maggie Holmes ephemera pieces around my photo to drive the eyes to the focal point. I mainly arranged them with foam tape which gives depth to the layout.


I created a cluster to the right top using mostly die cuts, exclusive stickers. I finished off my design by dropping some white acrylic paint around the page.


This was my project for today! To play along with this week's Sunday Sketch Challenge and be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK Store, create a layout based off of today's project and post it in our gallery with today's date (8/27) in the title! Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend!

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment