Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tuesday Tutorail

Hi Everyone!  It’s Melissa Renkawitz, your Guest DT member for May.  I’m back today sharing a fun tutorial on a Project Life layout, for which I used the May "Brighton" Scrapbook kit.  I’ll be sharing how I made this fun little confetti pocket…
 

First, here is a the overall layout.  This is a page protector with 3”x3” pockets that will be an insert in my overall layout for that week.

 
And a few details of some of the pockets…
 

Above, I added a bit of white acrylic paint and ink splatter to soften the black & white paper, before adding the labels and puffy sticker.  Below, I strategically cut a 3”x3” piece of this paper to highlight some of the phrases I liked and added a cluster of puffy sticker and enamel dots from the kit.
 

Here is the back side of the layout, with many of the same concepts repeated.
 

Now, onto the tutorial for that fun little confetti pocket!!!!
 
I began with a 3” square of patterned paper and a 3” piece of vellum.
 

I stitched (using a copper thread) down each side and along the bottom, to attach the 2 pieces, thus creating a “pocket”  with an opening at the top.  You can see I used a small piece of washi tape along the top to help hold the 2 pieces together while stitching.  Once I was done stitching, I removed the tape.  I actually don’t own a sewing machine, so I do my stitching by hand.  I use a Cutter Bee Bug tool to provide evenly spaced dimples and then pierce the holes.
 


Next, I gathered up some pieces of patterned paper, including that great blue floral that is a Citrus Twist exclusive in the Main kit, and punched a handful of small circles and hearts.
 

And then I just slipped them into the pocket, and stitched up the top edge.
 

I decided to use this little confetti pocket as a “title card” for this layout.  In addition to the great copper puffy letters in the kit, I wanted to add a smaller label to add the word “Easter.”  To do this, I typed and printed the word on my computer and then stamped the frame/label around it using the stamp set from the kit.
 

And here’s the final product.  Adorable, right???  Now go grab some supplies and make your own stitched confetti pocket, I’d love to see them!


No comments:

Post a Comment