Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday Sketch Challenge with France Wisniewski

Hi Everyone! Today I’m sharing my version of this Sunday’s sketch. I adore sketches because they make everything so easy. Since I am an 8.5x11 scrapbooker, I tend to isolate things I like about a sketch rather than strictly adhering to it.

Here is the sketch:


Here’s my take using the July Citrus Twist Driftwood Scrapbook Kit:


The first thing I did was recreate that fishtail banner border across the top by layering patterned with simple printer paper and then adding some stitching and a bit of stamping using the exclusive stamp set.


I used the Nuvo Crystal Drops directly on my background as well as those lovely puffy stars by Freckled Fawn to mimic the splatter effect shown on the sketch.


The exclusive puffy alpha stickers as well the cut apart sheet were among my favorite items in the scrapbooking kit.


I completed my layout by layering a couple of handmade tags inspired by the sketch and adding a few more bits from the cut apart sheet and a little more stamping. I hope you find this week’s sketch as inspiring as I did.

Now it's your turn. If you want to play along with this week's Sunday Sketch and be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate, create a project based off of the sketch and upload it to CTK Gallery by next Saturday, July 16th. Please make sure to include "Sketch 7/10" in the title line of your project.

I hope I inspired you and you enjoyed my take on this week's Sunday Sketch!  We can't wait to see what you create with this sketch!  Now go and create it up!

~France

2 comments: