Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Titles in Your Pocket Albums

Hello Citrus Twist Kits fans!

It's Mira here today with a few of my Pocket Page Scrapbooks that I created with June "Capri" Pocket Life Kit together with some bits and pieces from July Sprinkles Kit!

In today's post I'd like You to focus on exactly ONE element of a pocket page which is: TITLE!

Do You add titles to Your pages? I mean, some of us work with PL in a weekly manner, and probably week numbers are treated as a title in such approaches... but I mean something else here. I mean title like we do in a standard scrapbook layouts. I mean key words describing Your page to draw attention in a specific direction. Do You add them to Your pages?

Please, let me show You how fun this can be!

In the past I was completely Layout-oriented person and when I discovered Pocket Page Scrapbooking I suddenly stopped creating regular pages. And stopped adding titles to my works. But I am huge fan of alphabets (Just look at the one from June PL Kit!!! Isn't it gorgeous!? I love it!!!) and I missed huge titles very much!

So I started adding them to my Pocket Pages!

Just look at my June spreads to see a few ways how You can add this fun effect to Your pocket pages:
In this first page I used Pink Paislee chipboard alphabet from PL kit to say: This is my Best Best Best Best Friend! And look, now we have another generation of soon to be friends, growing up :)

In my second page I created two titles. The first one is the word SLOW from the picture on the left. It's a cover of a magazine that I recently discovered and it resonates with me a lot, so I used it as a first title in this page. Then I have another one on the right - the collage of words made with various elements - by this I wanted to extend the first title and say what changes have been happening in our life lately.


Another page was featuring our friends and their visit. The word "visitors" is too long to put into one pocket, but I managed to add it anyway. I simply placed some letters in another pocket.

And here two more examples of my PL pages where I added a title:


I often add titles on top of a single PL card which is simple in design - it makes them easy to be found on the page, and they attract my attention easily, but You know what?
You can go crazy! Put the titles on top of Your pictures, place each letter in a separate pocket or use a colorful pattern paper as a background for Your titles! Sky is the limit!

If You happen to add titles to Your pocket pages, please share them with me! I'd love to see what You created and I'll be happy to try some new ideas!

Thanks for stopping by,
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment