Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial with Christin

Good morning everyone. Christin here today. It's time for Tutorial Tuesday and I will be showing how I made this layout.



Usually when I make layouts I am all about layers - starting up with layers of mists/liquid watercolors and then adding layers of paper, but for this layout where I have multiple focal points I have reduced the number paper layers.   The reason why I use several layers of paper and several layers of color under usually only one photo is that I want to build up the focus to the picture, I always want the main thing about my layouts to be about the pictures, but having fun visual things around the picture without taking over.



My inspiration for this layout came in the shape of the die cuts in the December main kit.  I measured the circles and printed two photos and cut them out.


For my background I had already prepped my white cardstock with clear gesso and I just dropped lots of layers of mist and liquid watercolors and with a waterbrush I spread the colors around a little.  


Contrast is always good and I added that in two steps. Step one - black drops of mist.




Step two is stamping - here I used a grey inkpad for the contrast to be a little more subtle than the mist.

 For my one layer of paper I used my old Silhouette to cut out a few triangles.

And here is again the final layout with some closeups. I even added the text stamp from the main kit.








Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays

/Christin

No comments:

Post a Comment