Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial with our March Guest Designer Beshka

Hello there! Beshka here and I wanted to share with you how my PL spread came together for my fun little guest spot this month (thanks for having me btw!). Whether I am working with kits or going at it with my own set of goodies I always start out the same, with the photos.
If working with a kit I will often spread it out around my space while I am putting pictures in their pockets. Having the kit out while I work on the photos helps me decide what to use. As I put my photos into pockets I can see what will work best with them. Usually by the time I am finished inserting photos, I have decided what elements from the kit I am going to use. I like cohesive pages so it is important to me that what I use with my photos doesn't take away from them. I love all the amazing bits & pieces but I want my photos to tell most of the story.
Once the photos are in place I start adding my filler + journal cards. This go around I couldn't get away from those 6x6 papers and the idea of mixing all those fun patterns to make my own 3x4 cards. I cut several patterns to 3x4 + cut some blank cardstock to 3x4. I then cut my patterned pieces at a diagonal. Once they were all cut I started mixing them up and attaching them to my blank cardstock cards with a bit of adhesive.

Once my cards were all together I added a line of stitching to either side. I trimmed up any wonky cards with my paper trimmer and then added them to my pockets. I move them around a lot until I have the look I want. Once I have all my cards in I began embellishing + adding my journaling.
I don't have a lot of embellishing because I think the patterned cards add quite a bit on their own. My embellishing here includes little bits from the kit + some journaling blocks & strips + two little car cuts using a sheet of the 6x6 paper from the kit. And that is it, that is how my PL spread came together. Easy peasy, especially when you have a kit!
Thanks so much for letting me share and I hope you enjoyed a quick peek at my process.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you made the diagonal cuts and put together your own little cards. It's such a fun way to combine the pretty papers! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete