Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Sketch with our Guest Ashli Oliver (aka soapHOUSEmama)

I love working from a sketch! I really do! Hi, Ashli here with you to share my take on this month's sketch. The best thing about working from a sketch is that you get to turn off your brain for a bit. I don't know about you, but I always welcome to opportunity to do that!



This sketch ended up being the perfect composition for my story, plus ephemera about a sweater I knit. It was 3 years in the making and I wanted to include all of my scratches and notes, along with the pattern. One of the embellishment bags from the kit packaging was perfect as a base layer to house my ephemera. One I had that down, the rest came together so easily. Gotta love a good sketch!






(All supplies are from the main kit, except for Color Shine Mist, Sequins, and Watercolors, and additional white cardstock.)

Now it's your turn to take on this week's sketch!  We love to see what you do with our kits and sketches so please make sure to upload your projects to the Citrus Twist Gallery. And remember, by uploading your take on today's sketch to the gallery by 1/17, you will be entered to win a $5 Coupon to use on anything in the CTK Store Also add 1/11 to the title line.

1 comment: