Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Beginnings with Nathalie

Hello and happy Thursday! Nathalie here to share with you my projects with this beautiful January Add-on kit "New Beginnings":


I made three pages and a card and have lots more left over to play with. I'll share them in the order I created them (like Michelle did in her recent post):

First, I wanted to make sure I made my annual book page! This is my fifth year creating an end of year page where I share the books I read the previous 12 months. I love to look back at them! I simply get the covers off of the internet and print them as photos at home:

nathalie_2014bookswithbanner_CTKjan2015

nathalie_2014bookscloseup_CTKjan2014
My favorite and most used item in this kit is the sheet of Maggie Holmes Open Book stickers! They are beautiful, thick and added the perfect touch to all of my layouts!nathalie_2014bookscloseup2_CTKjan2015

My second page is a rather monochromatic 8.5x11 layout with a few pops of yellow forming a visual triangle:

nathalie_myheartisfullwithbanner_CTKjan2015
I added a paper clip from my stash (Staples), everything else is from the kit.

nathalie_myheartisfullcloseup_CTKjan2015

This last one might be my favorite :) I really loved the "Ocean View" paper by Adrienne Looman. It reminded me of Key West so I searched for an older photo from our trip there (in 2005!):

nathalie_staygoldwithbanner_CTKjan2015
nathalie_staygoldcloseup2_CTKjan2015
I added the vellum and enable dots from my own stash.
nathalie_staygoldcloseup_CTKjan2014
This is a photo heavy post and I thank you for making it to the bottom of it! I have also created a card that you can see in the CTK Gallery and while you're there, check out what the other designers have created with this month's kits!
Finally, there's also a self-paced class (only $10!) associated with the "New Beginning" kit I used, perfect if you're looking for more inspiration!

2 comments: