Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday tutorial with Nathalie

Hi there! I am here today to share one of the pages I created with the September main and embellishment kits as well as a tutorial:

nathalie_everymomentcountswithbanner_CTKsep2014
KITS USED: September 2014 "Free Spirit" main kit and "Spread your wings' embellishment kit
NON-KIT ITEMS: yellow paper from a previous kit, navy card stock and DMC thread from my stash

I will share now my low-tech tutorial for stitching perfect circles around circle embellishments. I loved all the different Crate Paper stickers from the embellishment kit and I spread all the circle ones on the diagonal on my page:
CTKtutorial1

The next step consisted in getting all my circle punches out and punching a scrap of card stock in different sizes:
CTKtutorial3

I placed my "template" around each sticker choosing the size I wanted to stitch and then pierced my background as evenly as I could - no need to really stress about it though:
CTKtutorial2

So it looked like this around each sticker:
CTKtutorial4

Using a backstitch, I then stitch with two strands of DMC thread:
CTKtutorial5

And here are close-ups of all the finished circles:
nathalie_everymomentcountscloseup2_CTKsep2014
nathalie_everymomentcountscloseup_CTKsep2014

...and one last look at the finished page:
nathalie_everymomentcountswithbanner_CTKsep2014
I love to stitch on my pages and I hope that this little tutorial will inspire you to get those needles and threads out!

3 comments:

  1. This Layout is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing this little tutorial on how to make this perfect circle stitches….. :) Need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! I'd love to see your page if you try this tutorial!

      Delete
  2. thanks for this really useful tip, I love it !

    ReplyDelete