Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial with Gina

Hi everyone, I'm sharing a layout with you today, created with the Sparkle and Shine main kit and a few items from the Happy Girl embellishment kit.  I want to show you on a few ways to alter or change up embellishments before adding them to your pages..this is a fun and simple way to make them your own..

cafe stop - May Kits Gina

Firstly, I've used the exclusive vintage paper and lace embellishment and added some watercolour and also distressed the edge of the fabric a little. I've also altered the cork thickers by inking with a brown distress ink for a darker look..

cafe stop (2) may kits - Gina 

The gold paper doily is so lush, I didn't want to cover it up with anything else and it was a bit too big to use in one piece, so I decided to cut it and use each piece on the edge of my cardstock for something different. 

The Webster's Pages photo corners also make great arrows or chevron patterns by trimming off the backing pieces, I've used several contrasting stickers on this page

cafe stop (3) may kits - Gina

I've also shortened the section of starry wood chip a bit to slot in under the photo below..

cafe stop (1) may kits - Gina

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've enjoyed these ideas and want to have a play with embellishments yourself..don't forget to share your CTK pages on our facebook page!

Gina x

No comments:

Post a Comment