Wednesday, May 28, 2014

6x6 Paper Play With Sam

Hello there! This is Sam to share another project of me using the 6x6 paper pad that came with our Pocket Life kit this week. Instead of making a 12x12 traditional layout, I opted for making mini layouts for my Japan trip. Before I start, I just want to say how awesome is Internet and this online community! Most of you may know I came from Malaysia, far far away from US, and what a coincidence that I got to meet one of Citrus Twist DT girl - April Joy in Tokyo! And of course, we has to meet up in one of the largest craft store in Shibuya, Tokyo — Tokyu Hands. It was really a quick and fun meeting-up session with her and another Japanese girl that we got to know form Instagram ;) 

So I decided to scrap two mini layouts of our photo and also for the crafty goodness that I lugged all the way back from Tokyo. I decided to use Basic Grey Capture album (yellow and kraft cover) that I got from Citrus Twist Store a while ago (that I have been hoarding and did nothing to it). I didn't like the kraft cover so I started with painting the cover with layers and layers of mint acrylic paint. I only painted twice and the Martha Stewart Satin acrylic paint gives such a great coverage and smooth finishing. 

To make my layout, I trim down a piece of white card stock to be fir into the album and also want to make background with Tim Holtz Distress Paints. 


I started adding paint strokes to the background (which is my current favourite technique), then add some stickers and embellishment and I am done with a layout within 10 minutes. I didn't want my layout to have a lot of dimension as I worry that the whole album might ends up too bulky when I am done scrapping my 7 days trip. Since I have printed an extra photo of the craft goodies from Japanese dollar store, so I made another layouts using scraps and pieces that I have leftover from making PL pages. And so, I made 2 layouts using all the scrap bits & pieces from the PL kit to make these two mini layouts. I am loving how it looks in my album now!




The blue glitter Thickers are to die for. LoL


And more close-ups for the 2 mini layouts:




Thanks for looking! 

XoXo,
Sam

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It's all bright and fun! You girls are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the painted background! What a great photo too!

    ReplyDelete