Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday Tutorial with Trina

Good morning everyone! I wanted to share a tiny sneak of just a little that is coming in your February kits and share a way that I like to use 6 x 6 paper pads. We've got a brand new, adorable paper pad coming your way for our Pocket Life subscribers.

For today's tutorial I tried to copy the look of a Polaroid frame using solid paper and 6 x 6 pattern paper. I started off with 3 selfies that my husband, daughter and I took of ourselves this summer, framed them and made a layout. My goal: frame the selfies and keep my layout simple.

Here is part of my finished page. I'm not going to sneak it all since it isn't February yet.


I started by flipping through my 6 x 6 paper pad (any guesses which pad it is?), picked some patterns to work with plus a soft colored solid. I trimmed the photos first then cut each layered frame a little larger.


The light blue cardstock was my "polaroid" frame and I cut it 3/8" bigger than the photo on the top and the sides and 1/2" bigger on the bottom. (So the frame was 3/4" wider than my photo and 7/8" taller than my photo.) I used my Fiskars Paper Trimmer to cut the rectangles and cut the inside out of the rectangles to create frames.


Once my frames were cut I glued them over the photos. I put a pattern paper rectangle behind the photo of my daughter to make the photo pop.


Next I played with placement of the 3 framed photos and decided to run them horizontally across the center of my 12 x 12 page. Here's a close-up of the finished frame with a rectangle of pattern paper behind.


Last I'm sharing a close-up with a little sneak of wood chip and a tag from the February PL kit.


Thanks for stopping by our blog today. We'd love to see what you do with frames on your layouts!






7 comments:

  1. Love your sneaky tutorial Trina and can't see the finished layout!! Counting down till the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see whole layout! It looks so fgreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You know your products Michelle! Got to meet and do a make-and-take with Kelly Purkey at CHA. Her new line is even more gorgeous in person!

      Delete
    2. You know your products Michelle! Got to meet and do a make-and-take with Kelly Purkey at CHA. Her new line is even more gorgeous in person!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous Trina, love it ♥

    ReplyDelete