Friday, January 24, 2014

Playing with Pocket Life with Melissa

Hola and a happy Friday to you all! Melissa here to host this week's editing of Citrus Twist's Pocket Life series. For this week's layout I used the January Magic Days kit, and while the Studio Calico Printshop paper pad that is included contains a rainbow of colors, I narrowed the palette for my layout down to just yellow, orange, and aqua, with only a hint of pink thrown in here and there as accents.

project life 2013 week 32.jpg

Choosing just a subset of colors in a kit is a great way to stretch the supplies across multiple weeks without having them all look like they were made with the same collection. I still had plenty of pink, black, and white papers left over after this page and could make another spread with a completely different look.

DSC_0213-2.jpg

DSC_0214-2.jpg

The clear pocket in the photo below is from the January Pocket Life embellishment add-on. I don't normally use see-through elements in my pages because they tend to fill up quickly, and finding two weeks in a row with an extra space to use for a clear pocket is almost impossible. Instead, I adhered the pocket to one of my 4x6 cards and used it to hold journaling, then took advantage of the front to add in the date for my spread.

DSC_5922.jpg

DSC_5923.jpg

DSC_5924.jpg

And of course I have a set of sketches for you this week, too! You can either pin or download the photo below, or if you want the PDF version you can download them here.

Pocket Life Sketches 1.24

Have a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip about narrowing down a color pallette. I am going to try that this month.

    ReplyDelete