Wednesday, July 17, 2013

6x6 Paper Play with Sam

Hello Everyone! It's Sam here today to share the way to use the 6x6 paper pad that come in the Pocket Life kit. I am loving the Summery color in the July kit and have been scrapping many summer-related photos with it.

Oyster P7040339

I made this layout after watching a video tutorial by Dear Lizzy on creating triangle with water-colour. I started with colouring three triangles (in blue, yellow & pink)on the left of my white card stock. Then before layering photos, I cut out a few more triangle using Xacto knife. I then cut out some papers from the paper pad and layer it under the cardstock.

Oyster P7040344

These are the passport & ID photos of my baby boy and I wanted to scrap a layout of it with the title 'The World Is Your Oyster''. I mat the photos on patterned papers and vellum, then tie the blue twine (that came with our kit packaging) to draw attention to the small photos. Here's another close-up of the triangles. I also added some machine stitching randomly to create extra texture for the triangles.

Oyster P7040345
 
Note: The Heidi Swapp alphabets and October Afternoon paper strips that I add on the top & bottom of my layout is from my own stash. The rest of the supplies are from July Pocket Life kit & embellishment kit. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

3 comments: