Wednesday, July 31, 2013

6x6 Paper Pad Layout with Melissa

Hello, everyone! Melissa here to start your Wednesday off with a layout using the 6x6 Paper pad and a few other items from the July Citrus Twist Project Life kit. I mixed it all together with the Main Kit and Travel Add-On to create the layout below, and I took a few photos along the way to show how it all came together.

DSC_9982.jpg

I wasn't in my scrap room when I made this layout- in fact, I wasn't even in my home state! I was out of town visiting my family, and my brother and his wife were there along with my three-year-old niece, who was watercoloring beside me at the kitchen table while I played with my July kits. I was mostly playing with her, and every once in a while I'd pop back over to the scrapbooking side of things to add a piece or two to my page.

I started out without a background in mind, just playing with some pieces from the Atlantic vellum die cuts (Main Kit) and Travel Girl Miscellany (Travel Add-On) along with a doily and a journaling card from the Project Life kit to make two clusters- one including a photo and one of just embellishments.

DSC_2557.jpg

The scaled-down patterns in The Pier's 6x6 pad helped me quickly find the next thing to add- a kraft chevron sheet of paper. I simply put the whole 6x6 block behind the photo cluster to help ground it.

DSC_2559.jpg

Next it was time for a title, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to put each word on one line or the whole thing on a single line, so I spelled each word out on its own clear ruler so I could move them around until I was happy with the placement.

DSC_2561.jpg

I decided fairly quickly on a single-line title and moved all of the letters to one ruler, then picked out a background paper. I admit that I was having a hard time choosing between this Travel Girl paper and the aqua arrow print from Happy Camper, and in the end it was my Mom who helped me decide on the Travel Girl background (thanks, Mom!). I also cut a chunk off of a yellow dot 6x6 sheet from The Pier pad- one of the great things about these papers is that you can make just one cut, without measuring, and almost always come out with a size of sheet that will work for your page!

DSC_2563.jpg

In this case both sections of the cut paper worked- one behind my photo, and one behind the title to help it pop just a bit. I also added strips to the top and bottom of the page at this point.

DSC_2566.jpg

After that, all I had to do was adhere everything down and then add a few last dimensional bits in the form of Travel Girl brads and a few geotag wood veneers.

DSC_9982.jpg

I normally write my journaling directly onto my layout backgrounds, but with such a busy text print as the base that wasn't going to work. Instead, I made a pocket with the yellow chunk of paper I'd cut earlier and tucked a flash card from the Travel Girl Miscellany inside to hold my writing.

DSC_2796.jpg

DSC_2795.jpg

DSC_2798.jpg

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a very happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. great page Melissa! It's always inspiring to have a peak into your process:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is perfect as an intro page to a travel album. Love it!

    ReplyDelete