Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial

Hi Everyone! Katie Ehmann here with you today with a fun pieced patterned paper technique that I used on my Sleeping Beauty layout.

KE Tutorial Pic 1

I love searching Pinterest for fun, graphic patterns. You can find them in all sorts of surprising places-- even shower tile, which was the inspiration for this pattern! This is such an easy way to make a big impact on your layouts, and to showcase colorful patterned papers. All you need are a variety of patterned papers, a paper trimmer, adhesive and a sewing machine. First, trim strips of patterned paper one half inch thick by 12 inches long.

KE Tutorial Pic 2

Next, cut each strip into four, three inch long, smaller pieces.

KE Tutorial Pic 3

Run a line of adhesive along your background paper in a vertical line. Adhere each of the paper strips in the pattern as shown.

KE Tutorial Pic 4

I chose to keep each pattern in it's own zig zag to better define the overall chevron pattern, but you could easily mix them up for an even funkier, eclectic look as well! Continue running strips of adhesive and adhering pieces of paper until you finish your design.

KE Tutorial Pic 5

Machine stitch with your sewing machine in vertical stitch patterns for added texture and to permanently adhere your paper pieces

KE Tutorial Pic 6

Add your photos (I framed mine with the awesome slide frames from Crate Paper's The Pier Collection), embellishments, title and journaling card (I tucked mine behind one of my photos).

KE Tutorial Pic 7 KE Tutorial Pic 8

Finally, stand back and admire your work!

KE Tutorial Pic 1

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you'll try this technique on a future layout!

2 comments:

  1. I love that pattern and will definitely be trying this technique soon! Thanks Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete